Sunday, January 19, 2020

Screetch. Full Stop Part Two

I am double-hearted and double-minded right now.

“If your eye is single, your whole life will be full of Light.”

Well, I’m not there yet.  Hopefully very soon I will get there.

“Love does no harm to the neighbor, thus love is the fulfillment of the law.”

My immediate neighbors remain my wife and children.

So loving them should fulfill any of “The Law’s” requirements.

At least, it’s a start.

The example of my dear in-laws is instructive.

One was Methodist, One was Roman Catholic.

Their compromise was The Episcopal Church, and at the Episcopal Church, they have remained.

It looks like that for the sake of love, I need to compromise.

What exact form that’s going to take is in flux, but I’m arriving at the point where if it causes ANY hardship to my family,  it is therefore Out Of Bounds.

So, I’m leaning towards sticking with Rez and the ACNA, and supporting my son at Saint Matthew’s.

Lord, Have Mercy on me, the sinner.

So, I can change the name of this blog to orthodox parker (lowercase) and be done with it, for now.

The Lowly Reader

Columba Silouan


No comments: